Top 2 Methods to purge QuickBooks Error 83
QuickBooks is the best accounting application in the business market. It has transformed the entire way of managing business accountancy. Errors are unpredictable in the application and they occur due to multiple reasons causing severe loss to productivity. QuickBooks Error 83 occurs when users try to open, backup or restore the company file. Errors can occur anywhere in the application, which affects program productivity. Therefore, it’s quite essential to troubleshoot the errors as soon as possible. Users face this error due to insufficient permission to access the network server.
If you have Received Error Codes 6000 83, then fret not and read this blog until the end.
In this blog, we are going to discuss QuickBooks Error Code 6000 83. We will inform you of the possible causes and the best 2 methods to troubleshoot this error. In case you face any doubt while following the process, feel free to contact us at our toll-free number1.855.738.2784 to get an expert’s advice.
QuickBooks Error 83 (In Layman’s Term)
QuickBooks Error 83 appears on the screen when users try to access, restore or backup the company file. This error causes severe damage to the company file data and also to the system.
QuickBooks Error 83 falls under the category of QuickBooks Company File 6000 error series. The error flashes on the screen with a message which states that: ‘An error occurred when QuickBooks tried to access the company file. Please try again.’
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Error 6106
Causes behind QuickBooks Error 83
- Permission is not granted to access the QuickBooks Company Files or Folder.
- In case the file extension is not correct.
- Damaged Company file or folder could be the primary reason.
- The error may occur due to incomplete QuickBooks installation.
- Error 83 may also occur when multiple workstations try to host the company file.
Signs of QuickBooks Error 83
- Error code 83 flashes on the screen.
- Your system or application may freezes periodically.
- You won’t be able to access, restore or backup the company file.
Best 2 Methods to purge QuickBooks Report Error Codes 6000 83
(Method 1) Turn Hosting Mode Off on all Workstations
- Open QuickBooks, and go to the File menu.
- Click on Utilities.
- If you see Stop Hosting Multi-User Access option, then select it.
- Make sure to repeat this step on all workstations except one that hosts the company file.
(Method 2) Check your Backup File Name
- Go to the Windows Start menu.
- Now enter “File Explorer” into the search box.
- You must find and open the folder with your backup company file.
- After that, right-click the file with .qbb extension and choose Rename option.
- Add .OLD at the end of the file name and save the file name.
- To proceed, make sure to remove special characters, symbols, or spaces from the file name.
- Now, you must right-click the folder holding the QBB file and select Rename. Remove special characters, symbols, or spaces.
In the End
We hope that by following the above steps, you must be able to solve QuickBooks Error 83. For any doubt, contact us at our helpline number. 1.855.738.2784
Read also : The Best Ever Solution for QuickBooks Script Error