If you encountered the ‘ QuickBooks is unable to send your email to Outlook ’ message, it indicates there are settings issues. The error is usually seen when a user tries to send an email from QuickBooks using Outlook as a primary email client. The error occurs because of incorrect email preferences and misconfigured settings. On the occurrence of this error, QuickBooks starts freezing while sending emails. This blog will give you step-by-step guidance to resolve QuickBooks email not working error, so read carefully until the end.
If you wonder how to rectify the ‘QuickBooks is unable to send your email to outlook’ error at once, dial +1 800-579-9430 and get assistance from the certified QuickBooks expert’s team
Reasons that trigger error sending emails from QuickBooks
- The email client is not set up correctly.
- QuickBooks Desktop is running with admin rights on Windows.
- Email preferences in QuickBooks and Internet Explorer are inappropriate.
Read more :- QuickBooks error 6073 and 99001
Top 3 Solutions to Fix QuickBooks email not working error
Solution 1. Modify admin privileges to resolve the error
- Close company files, exit QuickBooks Desktop and select the Windows Start menu on your desktop.
- Within the Windows search field, write ‘QuickBooks’ and right-click the QuickBooks icon.
- Select the Open file location option. When the folder opens, right-click the QuickBooks.exe file and select Properties.
- Go to the Compatibility tab and then clear the Run this program as Administrator option.
- Click Apply and then OK to save the new settings.
- Close and open QuickBooks Desktop and try to send a test email and transaction to check if the error is fixed.
Solution 2. Verify and configure Internet Explorer email preferences
- Close QuickBooks, open up Internet Explorer and go to the Tools menu.
- Click the Settings menu and choose Internet options.
- Go to the Programs tab and choose Set Programs.
- Click the Set your default programs option and select the email service you use or prefer.
- Click Apply and OK to save the changes, then close Internet Explorer.
Solution 3. Check if email preferences in QuickBooks are set up correctly
- From the QuickBooks Edit menu, choose Preferences and sign in to Outlook if you use Microsoft Outlook with Microsoft Exchange Server.
- From the QuickBooks menu, select Send Forms and click the My Preferences tab.
- Select Outlook as your email option, click OK and try sending a test email from QuickBooks.
If you still get the same error, change preferences also:
- Go back to the QuickBooks Edit menu and then choose Preferences.
- Under Preferences, click Send Forms and move to the My Preferences tab.
- Choose QuickBooks Email or Webmail and click OK to turn off preferences.
- Move back to the My Preferences tab, click Outlook, and then OK.
- Close the QuickBooks Desktop and reboot your computer.
- Restart QuickBooks and try to send a test email or transaction.
That’s all about resolving the ‘ QuickBooks is unable to send your email to Outlook ’ error. We hope our blog helped you fix the issue. If the error reappears, consult the certified QuickBooks expert’s team by calling us on our helpline number +1 800-579-9430.