The payroll is one of the most significant features of QuickBooks. It helps users to manage accounting and bookkeeping activities smoothly. But the problem arises when while downloading QuickBooks Desktop and payroll update, users get QuickBooks error 15222. The user mostly encounters the error with a message, “Error 15222: QuickBooks cannot verify digital signature.” The error message demonstrates that the Internet Explorer feature to verify the digital signature is not functioning properly. Stay connected until the end to learn more facts about QuickBooks update error 15222.
Unable to download payroll update due to QuickBooks error 15222? Fix it right away by reaching out to the QuickBooks expert’s team. Just dial 1.855.738.2784
What are the causes behind QuickBooks update error 15222?
There are plenty of reasons that give rise to error 15222 in QuickBooks. We have listed some of them below:
- Windows Firewall and antivirus program blocking the update process.
- The QuickBooks user is not logged in as a Windows administrator.
- The user’s system could be under malware or virus attack.
- QuickBooks can’t verify the digital signature of program files.
Resolve the error by performing the troubleshooting solutions given in the following section of the blog.
Recommended to read : QBCFmonitorService not Running on this Computer
Methods to Troubleshoot Fix QuickBooks payroll update error 15222
Method 1. Check if the QB payroll subscription is active
- Open the QuickBooks company file and select the Employees menu.
- Choose My Payroll Service and then Account/Billing Info.
- Use Intuit Account log in to sign in.
- When the QuickBooks Account page opens, under the Status check if it says Activated or not.
Method 2. Get a new digital signature certificate
- Close QB company files and then quit QuickBooks.
- Open Internet Explorer, move to C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks, and find QBW32.exe file.
- Right-click the QBW32.exe file and click Properties.
- Select the Digital Signature menu and then Intuit from the signature list.
- Select Details, go to the Digital Signature Details window, and click View Certificate.
- Head to the Certificate window and click Install Certificate.
- Click Next and then Finish.
- Shut down and restart your device, then open QuickBooks.
- Try to download the latest payroll the tax table and payroll update.
Method 3. Set Internet Explorer settings that suit QuickBooks
- Open Internet Explorer, choose Tools, and then Internet Options.
- Go to the General tab and click Delete.
- Choose Temporary Internet files and then Delete.
- Select the Connections tab and then LAN settings.
- Tick the checkboxes next to Automatically detect settings and then unmark the Proxy server settings, unless you use one.
- Under the Advanced tab, mark the SSL 2.0 and SSL 3.0 and clear the Check for publisher’s certificate checkboxes.
- Scroll down and ensure TLS 1.2 is checked.
- Clear the TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1 boxes.
So, its time to wrap up our blog on QuickBooks error 15222. We are optimistic that it helped you fix the issue. If the error doesn’t fix, contact certified QuickBooks professionals by dialing 1.855.738.2784
Related Searches : Error 15222 While Updating QuickBooks Payroll, Updating QB Gives Maintenance Release Error 15222, Maintenance Release Update Error 15222, QuickBooks Desktop Update Error 15222,