The following warning message comes up when you encounter the QuickBooks error -6123, 0, “We’re sorry, but QuickBooks can’t open your company file.” So naturally, after reading the error message, you must have understood that the issue is related to the company file in QuickBooks. When you attempt to run, restore, or even upgrade your data file, you encounter the problem. In this article, we will briefly discuss the issue and learn two effective ways to get rid of the glitch accurately.
If you find it challenging to eliminate the QuickBooks company file error -6123, 0, speak to one of the experienced professionals by dialing our Toll-Free +1-855-856-0042 for an instant guide.
What Provokes the Company File Error Code -6123, 0 in QuickBooks?
It would help if you referred to the following reasons to understand what gives rise to such an issue-
1. There is a high probability that your company file might have been severely damaged or corrupted because of the error triggers.
2. It is also possible that the location of the backup company file is causing the trouble.
You shall like to read: QuickBooks Error 6000 77
Which Methods Can Troubleshoot the QuickBooks Desktop Error Message -6123, 0 Appropriately?
If you are confused about how to fix the company file glitch, then take a look at the debugging process we have provided further-
SOLUTION 1: Run the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool After Installing the QuickBooks Tool Hub
1. Before using the file doctor tool in QuickBooks, you must ensure to close the QB program if it is in use.
2. Now, start downloading the QB Tool Hub file from Intuit’s official website.
3. Save the file to a location where you can easily access it.
4. Next, to install the software, you must run it.
5. Go forward with the steps displayed on the screen and accept the terms and conditions.
6. After that, click on the ‘Finish’ button and launch the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
7. In the window, hit the ‘Company File Issues’ menu.
8. After that, choose ‘Run QuickBooks File Doctor’ and move towards the drop-down arrow.
9. From there, select your company file and then click on the ‘Check your file’ option.
10. Next, tap ‘Continue’ and type in the admin password of your QuickBooks.
11. After selecting ‘Continue,’ go to the list to choose your company file and hit ‘Open QuickBooks.’
SOLUTION 2: Make Use of the Local Storage to Bring Back the Backup Company File
1. At first, you are required to move to the folder where you have stored the backup of your company file.
2. After you open the folder, search for the file that contains the .qbb extension.
3. The file will also have a similar name as your company file.
4. Now, right-click on the backup file and choose the ‘Copy’ option.
5. Go to your device’s local storage and paste the file.
6. In the end, run your QuickBooks Desktop and restore the data file you saved in the local storage.
The blog ends here. We believe by now you must have been able to resolve the QuickBooks error -6123 0 correctly. We have tried to convey to you the best yet quick solutions to fix it. However, if you still face any issues, immediately dial +1-855-856-0042 and have a one-to-one conversation with our team of QuickBooks experts for help.