QuickBooks running slow? What to do about it
QuickBooks is an advanced accounting application that fulfills all financial needs of small, medium, and large-sized businesses. On the other hand, it is prone to many technical glitches due to which users face QuickBooks running slow issue. The error usually appears when a user tries to open QuickBooks Desktop. The several reasons behind this issue are outdated QuickBooks Desktop, insufficient system requirements, and corrupted hard drive. Read the blog until the end to get in-depth information on why users face performance issues along with solutions to fix it, so read carefully.
If you are not able to work productively due to QuickBooks running slow issue, call us on our toll-free number +1 800-579-9430 and get assistance from certified QuickBooks expert’s
Reasons why users face performance issues while using QuickBooks?
Down below are a few possible causes that lead to QuickBooks Desktop Performance issues:
- QuickBooks program files and QBWUSER.INI file is damaged or missing.
- QuickBooks Desktop installation is corrupted.
- There is some damage to your Windows operating system.
- Your device does not meet the requirements needed to run QuickBooks.
- There is some corruption in the hard drive.
Read more :- QuickBooks error h505
Top 3 Solutions to Deal with QuickBooks Desktop Performance Issues
Solution 1. Make sure your QuickBooks program is updated
- Close company files and then the QuickBooks Desktop application.
- Tap the Windows key once on your keyboard, locate QuickBooks, and right-click it.
- Choose Run as administrator and go to the No Company Open screen.
- Select the Help menu and then Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- From the Options tab, select Mark All and then click Save.
- Select the Update Now button and mark the Reset Update checkbox.
- Click the Get Updates button to download the update file.
- Open QuickBooks Desktop, install the update, and restart your computer.
Solution 2. Run Program Diagnostic from the QuickBooks Tool Hub
- If open, close company files and then the QuickBooks Desktop application.
- From your browser, download the QuickBooks Tool Hub setup file.
- The file will get saved in the Downloads folder. You can also save it to your Windows Desktop for easy access.
- Open the file and follow the steps given on the screen to install the tool hub.
- Mark the agree to the terms and conditions checkbox, then click Finish.
- Now, go to your desktop and double-click the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon.
- When the tool hub opens, choose Program Problems and click QuickBooks Program Diagnostic Tool.
- Wait till the Program Diagnostic repairs the program.
- Once it completes, restart your workstation and run QuickBooks.
Solution 3. Make the most of Quick Fix my Program
- If closed, reopen the QuickBooks Tool Hub and choose Program Problems.
- Click Quick Fix my Program and let it run to rectify program issues.
- Open QuickBooks and then your data file.
We have reached the end of this blog. We hope the solutions mentioned above helped you resolve QuickBooks running slow issue. If you need direct and immediate assistance from QuickBooks expert’s, call us on our helpline number +1 800-579-9430. They will serve you the best solution to resolve the issue