Analyze all productive and affordable accounting software. You will find hundreds and thousands of companies are currently using QuickBooks Desktop to keep track of their everyday business transactions. Using QuickBooks Desktop not only makes the task of handling accounting tasks easy for companies but also saves them a lot of time. No application in this world is perfect also applies to QuickBooks Desktop as there is no shortage of errors and bugs that users get while working with it. One such error is QuickBooks error 1722, which arises when a user attempts to install QuickBooks Desktop on the computer. This article intends to describe the reasons behind QuickBooks error code 1722 and the solutions that you can implement to resolve it.
Troubled with QuickBooks error 1722 and seek to get over it immediately? If yes, feel free to speak to our QuickBooks experts at +1-855-856-0042.
Why does QuickBooks error code 1722 take place?
Corruption in the installation files of the QuickBooks Desktop is the most common reason because of which QuickBooks error code 1722 occurs. Nonetheless, there are other reasons also that can trigger it, such as:
1. The Windows components required to install QuickBooks Desktop are outdated.
You may also see this: QuickBooks Event ID 4
How can you rectify QuickBooks error 1722 safely?
Solution 1: Repair the QuickBooks installation using QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
1. Make sure to exit your QuickBooks Desktop first.
2. From the website of Intuit, get QuickBooks Tool Hub of the modern version available there (presently 126.96.36.199). We advise you to save the downloaded setup file (QuickBooksToolHub.exe) on your Windows Desktop so that you can find QuickBooks Tool Hub easily.
3. Launch the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file.
4. Go through the on-screen directives, and thenceforth, accept the given terms and conditions to install QuickBooks Tool Hub.
5. Right-click the icon of QuickBooks Tool Hub and then pick the Open option.
6. Click on the Installation Issues tab located at the left pane.
7. Pick the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool option.
8. When the diagnosis of the QuickBooks installation files is completed, close QuickBooks Tool Hub.
9. Thenceforth, check if you can install QuickBooks Desktop on the computer.
If QuickBooks error 1722 persists, move ahead to the second solution.
Solution 2: Update the essential Windows components
1. On your keyboard, hit the Windows logo key to choose the Start menu.
2. From the list of programs, select Settings.
3. Pick the Update & Security option.
4. Click on the Windows Update tab given at the left bar.
5. Choose the Check for updates option.
6. Follow the on-screen steps to install the updates available for your Windows operating system.
7. After that, see if you get any errors while installing QuickBooks Desktop on your computer.
We hope you can get rid of QuickBooks error 1722 after going through the above troubleshooting solutions. If the answer is no, then the third-party security applications present on your computer are possibly interrupting the installation of the QuickBooks Desktop. Therefore, our advice is to use the Windows Selective Startup mode to install QuickBooks Desktop. To avail yourself of additional help fixing QuickBooks error code 1722, you can contact our QuickBooks official team at +1-855-856-0042.