It is true that QuickBooks Desktop is pretty beneficial for companies that use it to organize their everyday business activities. Nonetheless, at the same time, we cannot ignore the fact that working with QuickBooks Desktop has a few drawbacks as well. This blog intends to talk about QuickBooks error 6177, which falls under the QuickBooks 6XXX series errors and occurs when a user attempts opening the company file in QuickBooks Desktop. On the computer display, an error warning shows up, stating, “We’re sorry, but QuickBooks can’t open your company file.” Reading this blog will help you learn the factors that cause QuickBooks error code 6177 and their troubleshooting solutions.
For immediate troubleshooting help to remove QuickBooks error 6177, you can speak with our QuickBooks official team at +1-855-856-0042.
What can be the factors behind QuickBooks error code 6177?
QuickBooks error code 6177 often takes place when QuickBooks Desktop gets too outdated to open the company file. Other factors that can trigger it are as follows:
1. The ND configuration file, which lets QuickBooks open the company file, is damaged or corrupted.
How can you troubleshoot QuickBooks error 6177 with safety?
Solution 1- Download the latest QuickBooks updates and install them
1. Exit QuickBooks Desktop on your computer first.
2. On your keyboard, hit the Windows logo to unfold the Start menu.
3. Select the All Programs button.
4. Find the QuickBooks Desktop in the list of programs and click right on its icon.
5. On your keyboard, press the Control key, and concurrently, select Run as administrator from the given options. Do not let go of the Control key until the No Company Open window pops up.
6. Open the Help menu, and from the drop-down menu, select the Update QuickBooks Desktop option.
7. Move to the Options tab and then select the Mark All button.
8. Then, click on the Save button.
9. Go to the Update Now tab and then click on the Reset Update checkbox.
10. Select the Get Updates option. The latest QuickBooks updates will auto-download.
11. Exit QuickBooks Desktop and then reopen it.
12. When required to install the QuickBooks updates you’ve downloaded, select the Yes option.
13. After updating QuickBooks Desktop, restart the computer.
If you re-encounter QuickBooks error 6177 while opening the company file, follow the next solution.
Do read this short blog: QuickBooks Online Slow
Solution 2- Remove the QuickBooks ND configuration files from your computer
1. On your keyboard, hit the Windows icon and E keys together to go to File Explorer.
2. Visit the QuickBooks folder and then look for the file with the same name as the company file but with the.ND extension at the end.
3. Click right the.ND file, and from the given options, select Delete.
4. Open the Windows Start menu.
5. In the search box, enter “Database” and select QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
6. Select the folder which holds the company files and then select the Start Scan option.
7. When the scanning of the folder holding the company files finishes, click Close.
If you can’t resolve QuickBooks error 6177 after following the above troubleshooting solutions, then there are possibly some issues with the location of the company files. Hence, we advise you to update the location of the company files. For additional troubleshooting guidance fixing QuickBooks error code 6177, don’t hesitate to contact our QuickBooks officials at +1-855-856-0042.