QuickBooks users prevent unauthorized opening of the company file with passwords. They need to reset the QuickBooks password if they forgot it. If you are an admin user and want to reset the password, you can do it by answering the security questions. If you want to reset a user password, only the admin can do it. We suggest changing the QuickBooks password from time to time to protect the company file data from cyber-attacks. This blog will give you complete information on how you can reset passwords in QuickBooks, so read carefully until the end.
Looking for direct assistance to reset QuickBooks password, call us on our toll-free number +1 800-579-9430 and talk to certified QuickBooks professionals
Easy steps to reset your password in QuickBooks Desktop
- Determine what type of password you want to reset. It is an admin password if you only enter the password while signing in to QuickBooks, and you can change it by answering security questions. If you want to reset a user password, contact your admin.
- Follow the procedure to reset QuickBooks password according to the type.
Read more :- QuickBooks won’t open
Stepwise instructions to reset QuickBooks password
To change the password for QuickBooks Desktop version 2020:
- Click I forgot my password link on the QuickBooks Company Login window.
- Scroll the dropdown, select your mail and click Next.
- If you can’t find the email in the list, click Don’t see your email in the list above.
- You will get a token to reset your QuickBooks password on the email you selected.
- Enter the token you received in your email.
To change the password for QuickBooks version 2019 or earlier:
- Open the QuickBooks Desktop application and click I forgot my password link on the login window.
- Fill up the form that prompts on your screen. It is mandatory to enter QuickBooks license number, name, email address, phone number, and ZIP code. You will find all this information in your Customer Account Management Portal.
- When you are done filling out the form, click OK.
- You will receive a code to the primary email.
To change the password of a QuickBooks user:
- Log in to QuickBooks as administrator and move to Company.
- Choose Set Up Users and Password and then click Set Up Users.
- Enter the admin password, go to the User List and select the user that needs to change the password.
- Click Edit User, then enter a new password and click Finish.
To change QuickBooks admin password for Mac
- Click Forgot Password on the QuickBooks login screen and fill in the required information in the form.
- You will get a code on your email to reset password.
- Enter the code and click OK. QuickBooks will guide you through the process of creating a new admin password.
To change a non-admin password for Mac:
- Login to company file as administrator and go to the Company menu.
- Choose Users and Passwords and then select the user that wants to reset the password.
- Click Edit, then the Lock icon, and enter the new password.
- Finally, click Save to save the new password.
If you still require any assistance to reset QuickBooks password, dial +1 800-579-9430 and talk to certified QuickBooks professionals.