There are a lot of frustrating errors that users face while working on QuickBooks. One such error is QuickBooks error 6144 82 that appears while restoring a backup and opening the company file on QuickBooks. The error often occurs because of an issue with the network setup. The error restricts user from accessing the company file. Although, it can be fixed by renaming .nd and .tlg files and using QuickBooks Database Server Manager. Continue reading the blog to learn more about QuickBooks company file error 6144 82, its causes, and fixation steps.
If you are looking for a perfect solution to fix QuickBooks error 6144 82, call +1 800-579-9430 and speak to the certified QuickBooks expert’s team
What are the causes behind QuickBooks company file error 6144 82?
Let us have a look at some of the major causes behind the error:
- Damage or corruption in .nd and .tlg configuration files of QuickBooks.
- Some issues with the QuickBooks Desktop installation.
- The user has not set up permissions to share the company file.
- Your QuickBooks Desktop might be damaged and need repair.
- Some background processes are interfering with programs that QuickBooks uses.
You may also read and follow step by step guide if you are occur QuickBooks error 12007
Top 3 Solutions to Deal with QuickBooks Desktop error 6144 82
Follow the troubleshooting solutions given below to quickly diagnose the issue:
Solution 1. Change the name of QuickBooks configuration files, then run server manager
- Open QuickBooks, tap the F2 key, and go to the File Information window.
- Look for the company file location and then open it.
- Find the company files with .nd and .tlg extensions, then change their names by adding .old at the end.
- Now, run QuickBooks Database Server Manager to recreate these files.
Solution 2. Fix error 6144 82 by running Quick Fix my Program
To make most of the Quick Fix my Program, download and install the latest version of QuickBooks Tool Hub on your computer by following the steps given below:
- Exit QuickBooks, open your browser to download the latest version of QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- The downloaded setup file gets saved to the Downloads folder.
- Go to Downloads, double-click to open the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file you downloaded.
- Follow the prompt steps to install the application and agree to the terms and conditions.
- Double-click the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon, select Program Problems and click Quick Fix my Program.
- Wait to let the tool repair program issues.
Solution 3. From the tool hub, make use of the Program Diagnostic Tool
- If closed, double-click the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon again to open it.
- From there, choose the Installation Issues menu and click QuickBooks Program Diagnostic Tool.
- Wait and let the Program Diagnostic run to repair program issues.
If the error continues even after following the solutions discussed above, run Clean Install Tool. If you are unable to resolve QuickBooks error 6144 82 on your own, connect with the QuickBooks technical support team by calling us on our toll-free number +1 800-579-9430. They will assist you with the most effective solutions to fix the error.
Related article :- Receiving QuickBooks Error H303? Here’s What You Should Do