A Handy Guide to Troubleshoot QuickBooks error 1625
It is important to download and install the latest QuickBooks updates to improve its functionality. These updates come up with new improvements and bug fixes. But, sometimes, users come across QuickBooks error 1625 while updating QuickBooks to the latest release. The error flashes on the screen with a alert message, “This installation is forbidden by a violation of policy that occurs while install or update QuickBooks.” An problem with Windows Installer and improper security settings are the most provocative reason behind the error. Keep reading the blog for more information on QuickBooks update error 1625, its causes, and quick fixes.
Want assistance from the QuickBooks support team to resolve QuickBooks error 1625? Call us on our toll-free number +1 800-579-9430 and communicate with them
Primary reasons behind QuickBooks update error 1625
Given below are the main triggers of the error:
- Windows registry is infected from the attack of virus or malware.
- Some important QuickBooks files are missing from the device.
- Installed Windows is damaged or corrupted.
- User is not logged in as administrator while installing the update.
Move to the next section of the blog and follow the steps to resolve the error permanently.
Note :- Sometimes, user facing QuickBooks error 6150 due to QuickBooks Multi user mode. Read this step by step guide to fix this error code.
Step-by-Step Guide to Fix QuickBooks Desktop error 1625
Method 1. Switch off the Non-admin prohibition
Follow the steps mentioned below to change this setting:
- Open the Run prompt box by pressing the Windows and R keys together.
- Type gpedit.msc, when the Run box opens and select OK.
- Move to the Local Group Policy Editor window and choose Local Computer Policy.
- Click the Computer Configuration tab and click Windows Settings.
- Select Administrative Templates and double-click Windows Components.
- Click Windows Installer and head to Applying vendor-signed updates.
- Double-click the Prohibit non-administrators option, choose Disabled.
- Click OK, restart your computer and try to update QuickBooks again.
Method 2. Disable UAC to resolve the error
- Select the Windows Start menu and select to open the Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, go to User Accounts and click Change User Account Control settings.
- Now, drag the slider to Never Notify to turn off the UAC.
Method 3. Modify the System’s Software Restriction Policy
- In Control Panel, go to the System and Security tab and select Administrative Tools.
- Select the Local Security Settings option and then Software Restriction Policies.
- If there are no restrictions, right-click the Software Restriction Policy Node.
- Select New Software Restriction Policy and then double-click Enforcement.
- Go to the Enforcement Properties window, click the All users except local administrators option, and then OK.
- Finally, restart your workstation.
If all the above solutions fail to resolve the error, try updating the Windows Drivers.
Here comes the end of the blog on QuickBooks error 1625. We hope it helped you rectify the issue. If you are still face with the same error, call us on our toll-free number +1 800-579-9430 and talk to the certified QuickBooks expert’s team.
You may also read this important article :- How to Diagnose and Fix QuickBooks error 16026?