QuickBooks Desktop helps businesses in managing their accounts and finances. It has various advanced features that make accounting easy. To make most of the QuickBooks, users need to download the latest update. But while downloading the update, users sometimes get QuickBooks error 16026. The error mainly occurs when the downloaded update file is damaged or corrupted. To get rid of the issue, users need to clean install QuickBooks. This blog is intended to provide in-depth information on QuickBooks error message 16026, its causes, and solutions.
If you are looking for an immediate solution to resolve QuickBooks error 16026, call us on our toll-free number +1 800-579-9430 and consult the QuickBooks technical support team
What are the causes behind QuickBooks error code 16026?
We have listed major factors leading to the error down below. Have a look at them before proceeding to the troubleshooting section:
- Some anti-virus applications block QuickBooks from loading essential files.
- Your company file has been damaged or corrupted.
- You are not working on the latest QuickBooks Desktop update.
You may also read this :- QuickBooks multi currency problem
Step-by-Step Methods to Rectify QuickBooks error message 16026
Follow the methods given below carefully to resolve the error permanently:
Method 1. Resolve the error by updating QuickBooks to the latest version
- If not closed already, close your company file and QuickBooks.
- Tap the Windows key on your desktop, search for QuickBooks among the program and choose the Run as administrator option.
- When directed to the No Company Open screen, select the Help menu and click Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Click the Update Now tab, and don’t forget to mark the Reset Update checkbox.
- Once you are ready, click Get Updates to download the update file.
- Start QuickBooks again and click Yes to install it.
- Complete the installation and restart your workstation.
Method 2. Fix error 16026 by running Quick Fix my Program
- If open, close all your company files and exit QuickBooks Desktop.
- Get the latest version of QuickBooks Tool Hub and save the downloaded setup file either to your Windows Desktop or to the Downloads folder.
- From the Downloads, double-click to open the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file you downloaded.
- To install the tool hub, follow the steps given on the screen and agree to the terms and conditions.
- Open the QuickBooks Tool Hub by double-clicking the icon, choose the Program Problems menu and click Quick Fix my Program.
- Wait and let Quick Fix my Program run to resolve program issues that QuickBooks uses.
- Once the repair completes, open QuickBooks and the company file.
Method 3. Remove QuickBooks and then reinstall it
- Click the Start icon and open the Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, select Programs and Features or Uninstall a Program.
- Choose your QuickBooks version from the list of applications, select Uninstall/Change and then Remove.
- Finally, install QuickBooks with the help of a new installer file.
We are full of hope that the solutions discussed in the blog will help you resolve QuickBooks error 16026. If the error continues even after following them, contact certified QuickBooks professionals by calling us on our toll-free number +1 800-579-9430.