What’s the Deal with QuickBooks error 6073 and How to Fix it?
QuickBooks error 6073 is very common among company file errors with 6000 series error codes. It usually appears when a user tries to open a company file on QuickBooks. On the occurrence of this error, the user gets an error message on the screen displaying, “QuickBooks is unable to open this company file. It may have been opened by another user. Error codes: (-6073, -99001).” There are multiple factors responsible for the error, including damaged company files and outdated QuickBooks program. Some other reasons behind the error are given in the next section of the blog. If you are also dealing with QuickBooks company file error 6073, read the complete blog and follow the fixation steps.
Unable to open company file due to QuickBooks error 6073? Reach out to the certified QuickBooks expert’s team at +1 800-579-9430 for assistance
Reasons why you come across QuickBooks company file error 6073
Walk through the list of prominent reasons given below that trigger the error:
- The same QuickBooks file is already open on another computer that also in Single User mode.
- The QuickBooks company file is kept in a read-only network folder.
- The user has hosted QuickBooks files on a Linux server.
- Multiple login credentials are used to sign in to the shared folder on the Linux server.
- QuickBooks user is making an attempt to access the file using remote software.
Read more :- QuickBooks update error
Most Effective Solutions to Rectify QuickBooks error message 6073
Solution 1. Fix error 6073 by running QB File Doctor
- Close company files, exit QuickBooks Desktop and open your browser.
- Download the latest version of QuickBooks Tool Hub. The downloaded setup file gets saved to the Downloads folder automatically.
- Open the Downloads folder, then the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file, and follow the prompt steps.
- After that, mark the agree to the terms and conditions checkbox to complete the installation process.
- Once it’s done, go to your Windows desktop and double-click the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon to open it.
- When the tool hub starts, choose the Company File Issues tab and click Run QuickBooks File Doctor.
- Wait till the File Doctor opens, then scroll the dropdown and choose your company file.
- If you can’t find your company file from the drop-down, click Browse and search to find it.
- After finding the file, mark the middle Check your file option and click Continue.
- Enter log in details, click Next and wait till the tool scans the company file.
- When the scan completes, restart QuickBooks and open your company file.
Solution 2. Switch your QuickBooks program to Multi-user mode
- Close QuickBooks accounting software on all computers and move to your server computer.
- Start QuickBooks, go to the File menu, and click the Switch to Multi-user mode option.
If the error continues, try to company file in multi-user mode on the Host computer.
You could also use QuickBooks Fix my Program from the QuickBooks Tool Hub if you are accessing company file using remote software.
If QuickBooks error 6073 persists even after following the solutions given above, dial our toll-free number +1 800-579-9430 and consult certified QuickBooks professionals for effective solutions.
Note :- if you are facing when you are trying to open you QuickBooks desktop then you need to read this article to resolve this.
Know The Reason Why Your QuickBooks Won’t Open & Its Resolution