What to do if you get QuickBooks error 80070057?
QuickBooks error 80070057 usually encounter when a user tries to open a company file in QuickBooks. It restricts the user from accessing the company file and gives a message, “The parameter is incorrect.” There are various reasons behind the error, such as outdated QuickBooks Desktop, insufficient permissions, and many others. Although, you can fix this by implementing the correct troubleshooting methods. If you are also getting QuickBooks error message 80070057, read the complete blog for causes and detailed troubleshooting procedures to resolve it.
If you find it challenging to resolve QuickBooks error 80070057 on your own, dial +1 800-579-9430 and let the QuickBooks support team handle it
What are the causes behind QuickBooks error code 80070057?
Following are the prominent reasons that give rise to the error:
- QuickBooks Desktop installation is damaged and incomplete.
- QuickBooks user is opting for an incorrect way to open the company file.
- The user is not using the latest update of the QuickBooks version.
- QuickBooks company file is missing from the default folder.
- There is some damage or corruption in the company file user is trying to open.
Read more :- incorrect cogs in QuickBooks
Quick Ways to Fix QuickBooks Desktop error 80070057
Solution 1. Shift your QB company file to the default location
If your company file is not in the default location, follow the steps given below to move it there:
- Exit QuickBooks Desktop and browse to the company file’s location.
- Locate and right-click the company file with the .qbw extension and choose Copy.
- Move to the default location, select Paste, and restart QuickBooks.
- Choose Find a company file, then select Local Drives and look for the company file name.
- Choose the correct company file and then click Open.
- Share the files after moving if you are in multi-user mode.
Solution 2. Fix the error manually by renaming the .ND file and running QBDBmgrn on your host computer
To rename the .nd configuration file:
- Browse to the location where your company file is saved.
- Find your company file with .ND extension and right-click it.
- After right-clicking, select the Rename option and add .old after the file extension.
To run the QuickBooks Database Server Manager:
- Get the setup file of the latest QuickBooks Tool Hub version and save it to your Windows Desktop.
- Open the setup file, follow the instructions given on the screen to install the program.
- Agree to the terms and conditions to complete installing QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- The QuickBooks Tool Hub icon will appear on the desktop once the installation completes.
- Open the QB Tool Hub, go to the Network Issues tab and click QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- From the Qbdbmgrn, select your company file folder and click Start Scan.
- If your folder is not displayed, browse to the location of the company file and then click Start Scan.
If the error continues, try these alternate solutions:
- Opt for the correct method to open the company file.
- Download the install latest update of the QuickBooks Desktop version you are using.
- Log in as an administrator to QuickBooks.
- From the QuickBooks Tool Hub, run File Doctor to resolve company file issues.
If you still face any difficulty resolving QuickBooks error 80070057, feel free to contact the certified QuickBooks expert’s team by calling us on our toll-free number +1 800-579-9430.