The technical glitch, QuickBooks error H202, is pretty frequent that arises when making an attempt to run the company file in multi-user mode. Additionally, along with the error code, the following message pops up, stating, “This company file is on another computer, and QuickBooks needs some help connecting”. Despite being a usual problem, troubleshooting it can be difficult in some circumstances. As a result, you must apply appropriate solutions to fix the issue. Let us have a look at this informative blog to gather relevant info about the same.
Got queries related to the QuickBooks company file error H202, but confused about how to debug it? Directly have a word with the team of experts through 1.855.738.2784 to seek guidance from them.
Primary Reasons For Encountering the QuickBooks Desktop Error Message H202
We have mentioned some of the most apparent reasons for QB error H202 that interrupts your screen when dealing with the company file. Check them out-
- You have not given enough permissions to your QuickBooks company file to run on your desktop, because of which the problem arises.
- Secondly, if some of the QuickBooks services like QuickBooksDBXX or QBCFMonitorService are not running on your system, you might possibly receive the error.
You may read also : QuickBooks Error H303
Top Two Quickest Methods Through Which You Can Eliminate the Data File Error Code H202
Go through the step-by-step guide on how to run your company file again by repairing the error code H202-
SOLUTION 1: Validate the QuickBooks Service on the Server Computer
- Go to the host computer and hit the ‘Windows + R’ keys to open the ‘Run’ command.
- In the space provided, type in ‘services.msc’.
- After the services list window pops up on the screen, you must search for ‘QuickBooksDBXX’ and then move to the ‘Startup Type’ option to choose it as ‘Automatic’.
- Now, verify if the Service status is working or not. If not, hit the ‘Start’ button.
- Further, shift to the ‘Recovery’ tab and move to the First failure, Second failure, and Subsequent failures present in the ‘Restart the Service’ section.
- Next, confirm the changes by clicking on ‘Apply’ and then the ‘OK’ button.
- Once you perform these steps for QuickBookDBXX, follow these same instructions for QBCFMonitorService.
- In the end, run the QuickBooks Desktop.
- From the ‘File’ menu, you must hit the ‘Switch to Multi-user Mode’ option.
SOLUTION 2: Share Data Files By Setting Up Windows Access Permissions
- First of all, tap on the ‘Start’ section of the Windows Desktop and then access ‘File Explorer’.
- Click twice on the C: Drive to move to the location of the company file folder.
- Once found, right-click on the folder and access the ‘Properties’ window.
- Now, hit ‘Sharing’ and after that ‘Share Add’.
- Go ahead and must choose the ‘QBDataServiceUserXX’ for your version of QuickBooks.
- In the last step, mark the permission for both users as ‘Full Control’ and then click on ‘Share
We understand the trouble you face when you incur technical faults while opening the company file. As a result, we curated this article on QuickBooks error H202 to help you provide some valuable details about the problem and, at the same time, some solutions to rectify it permanently. If you have any other questions about it, do not hesitate to reach out to one of our experts at 1.855.738.2784.
You may read also : QuickBooks Online Freezing