You know you have stumbled upon an error when you see a message with the description, “We’re sorry. QuickBooks couldn’t open your company file. We’ll try to fix the problem. Click Start to begin. If the problem continues, contact support for assistance and report error codes: (-6150, -1006).” This error usually comes into the picture when you are handling the company files, for example, creating, opening, or using one. It can mean that your company file is putting up some troubles for you and is looking for a fix. If you continue reading the blog, you will become an expert on why the error occurs and how you should resolve it.
Unable to understand a particular QuickBooks process or step, or got an advanced query? Then call the QuickBooks Assistance Team at +1 800-579-9430 to understand the things in depth
What results in the emergence error 6150?
Before starting to perform the troubleshooting steps, it becomes a must for the user to have an understanding of why it eventually leads to the error 6150 in QuickBooks. Once you know these reasons, you can anticipate a few troubleshooting steps as well, so let us give you a ride through the causes of the error:
- Malware or malicious software like CryptoWall can bring damages, eventually leading to the error code.
- The data file you are trying to access has been corrupted or erroneously deleted or lost, so you might need to restore the data.
Now you can take the legitimate steps to fix the error after you know the causes, accordingly.
Read more :- QuickBooks balance sheet out of balance
How to eliminate the causes?
By eliminating or eradicating the causes, one can remove the error from existing. You should look if your system is free from viruses. If it is not, then you should fix that right away. Follow the steps given to know-how:
Solution: Identify and Rectify the Cryptowall
The malware enters the computer system and attacks and damages important files. So, follow the steps to check the presence of CryptoWall viruses.
- Click on the Windows Start
- Enter “File Explorer” and open it in the search box when the result appears.
- Next, look for the QuickBooks folder and select it. You can often find it in your C: drive.
- Now take note of the files that are marked with “decrypt” or “instructions” (.txt or .html).
- If you spot no such files, then your computer is safe and can take the next step. If you spot such files, you are suggested to take the assistance of your anti-virus provider to remove the CryptoWall virus.
- Now, the next step is to restore the backup of your company files since your company files have somehow got lost. Note: restore the company files backup only if you have recently done a backup because, in this process, your data can get lost from the last backup to today.
Once you have verified and removed the viruses from your computer, you will be good to go. If restoring the work or company files didn’t help, you must use “Auto Data Recovery” to recover the lost data.
Now that you know the root causes of the QuickBooks Error 6150 and how to fix it, this blog achieved its aim. After getting your system virus-free or by restoring data, you can access your company files as easily as before. If the steps above couldn’t help, then you must contact the QuickBooks Support Team that will guide you step by step with more details.
Related article :- Facts You Must Know About QuickBooks Error 40001