QuickBooks is an amazing accounting application with various advanced features. But, just like other applications, it is also prone to many errors. One of them is QuickBooks error 6190. It comes under a 6000 series error code and arises when another user is logged in to the company file in single-user mode. The error pops up on the screen along with a message, “QuickBooks is unable to open this company file. It may have been opened by another user.” Damaged QuickBooks configuration files and damage issues within QuickBooks are the primary triggers of the error. This blog will guide you with solutions to eliminate QuickBooks company file error 6190, so read carefully until the end.
Searching for a permanent solution to resolve QuickBooks error 6190? Don’t worry. Reach out to the QuickBooks technical support team by dialing +1 800-579-9430
Reasons behind the appearance of QuickBooks company file error 6190
Following are the several reasons that evoke error 6190 in QuickBooks:
- QuickBooks data is damaged and needs repair.
- Multiple QuickBooks users are trying to access the same company file in single-user mode.
- There is some damage to the QuickBooks configuration files.
Read more :- QuickBooks unable to backup company file
Possible Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Desktop error 6190
Solution 1. Make use of Quick Fix my File from the QuickBooks Tool Hub
The Quick Fix my File tool will auto-detects and auto-fix data damage issues within QuickBooks. Here’s how to run the tool to get rid of the damage:
- Close all QuickBooks company files and then the QuickBooks program itself.
- Open your browser and download the QuickBooks Tool Hub setup file of the most recent version.
- Open the Downloads folder and the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file.
- Follow the step-wise given on the screen to install the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- You need to mark the agree to the terms and conditions checkbox to install the application completely.
- Go to your Windows desktop, look for the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon, and double-click it.
- When the tool hub opens, choose the Company File Issues tab and click Quick Fix my File.
- When the tool completes, click OK and restart QuickBooks Desktop.
If Quick Fix my File fails to resolve the error, follow the next solution.
Solution 2. Inactive multi-user access
- Access the QuickBooks company file with elevated permissions and go to the File menu.
- Choose Utilities and select the Stop Hosting Multi-User Access option.
Solution 3. Download a new QuickBooks update
- Start the QuickBooks Desktop application and choose the Help menu.
- Click Update QuickBooks.
- Choose the Update Now tab and click the Get Updates button.
Solution 4. Change the name of .ND and .TLG configuration files to fix the damage
As we have discussed above, the error occurs due to damaged QuickBooks configuration files. So, it can be fixed by following the steps given below:
- Open the folder that has your company file.
- Search the company files having .ND and .TLG extensions.
- Right-click each file and select the Rename option.
- Add the word OLD after the file extension and hit Enter.
- Restart QuickBooks Desktop and sign in to your company file.
If you are still struggling with QuickBooks error 6190, contact the certified QuickBooks expert’s team by calling us on our toll-free number +1 800-579-9430.