Launching Your iOS App in the App Store
Apple is undoubtedly the best technology brand in the world. Along with other services, Apple provides IOS application development services as well. App Store is a platform by Apple where all IOS apps are available for users. This app store is considered the second known and largest app store (after google play store), with 1.96 Million apps available. The actual number might vary since these app stores remove and place the apps as per the content they produce. However, the stable apps have been increasing over the years, and they have maintained their places in the store over time.
The prime focus of the app store is to give an unforgettable user experience. To create one, the store ensures that high-quality apps with innovative approaches should be available. Moreover, they provide a safe and secure download feature to increase customer loyalty. Appstore takes the following measures to prevent security issues. The following options to the user when downloading an app.
- End users can pick regardless of whether to share information.
- Weekly review by 500 professionals is done on over 100k apps.
- Last year, around 150k apps were rejected for not following the privacy guidelines, and rejection on over 1M apps were faced for the poor quality content.
- Each application has a detailed information page available that is mandatory to be filled by the owner in the publishing process.
The most important yet crucial part of publishing an app on the app store is to create an informative and attractive product page with the all detailed information available on it. This article will discuss publishing an IOS app on the app store.
The following list should be checked before you proceed with publishing your IOS app on Appstore.
|Checklist for Appstore|
|Unique app name|
|iOS 11 SDK features|
|Support for iPhone X Super Retina display|
|5+ screenshots for iPhone and 5+ for iPad|
|Information on what’s new (if submitting a new version)|
|Owner’s name + contact information|
|Support and marketing URLs|
|Test account (for review
Reasons for rejection:
If we further break this graphical analysis, the following are the core reasons for facing rejection while publishing an IOS app on the App store.
Crashes and Bugs:
Apple provides a very secure interface to its users. Therefore, it will reject any app with bugs that can easily be crashed. Test your digital solution and fix all possible bugs before submitting it.
Don’t submit your app unless the text and the images are not finalized. The Appstore will not accept the app with irrelevant and incomplete content.
Ensure to insert the detailed information required in the App Review Information. If your app has a signed in option available, then provide a signing-in demo. All other activities should be monitored beforehand and provide the specifications accordingly.
Apple has strict criteria for the User interface. It should be user friendly and attractive in design. They have design guidelines that mention their expectations, UI Dos and Donts.
: The screenshots and app description should be brief about your app to the users. If you fail to create a visual connection with the user, you will most likely face rejection.
If you fail to deliver what you promise in your ads and teasers, Apple won’t accept your application on the Appstore.
Apple wants the app owners to utilize unique IOS features for website content, interactions, etc. Therefore, your app should have responsiveness, usefulness, and engagement for the users.
If you plan to submit two similar apps on the App Store, you might face rejection. Try to combine the two of them and make room for them in the Appstore.
Lack Of Value:
Your app should be adding value to the market. If you are willing to target the small niche and your app does not create sufficient functionality, it won’t get approval. Instead, research existing apps on the Appstore and then decide what you can do to create a great user experience.
Publishing process on the App Store
Collect all the App Information:
Before starting the process, you need to gather all the relevant data for the app.
- Support URL
- Marketing URL
- App Icon
- Trade Representative Contact
- Demo Contact
Prepare a Bundle Identifier:
The name of your app is known as the bundle identifier, which appears on Appstore and IOS devices.
- In your browser, log in to Apple’s Developer Portal.
- Click to identifiers
- The top right screen contains the “+” icon. Click on it
- Give the name to your App ID similar to your app
- Ensure the Bundle ID follows the standard naming convention: com.your company name.your app name
- Verify your services and click submit for processing.
Create A Certificate Signing Request
To link your computer to your Apple developer account, Certificate Signing Requests are required.
- Open a program called Keychain Access, in the upper left menu, click Certificate Assistant, Click Request a Certificate From a Certificate Authority, User email: Enter your email address, Common Name: We suggest utilizing the name of the application, CA email isn’t needed, Check Saved to Disk, click Continue, Save the Certificate Signing Request for some other time
Create An App Store Production Certificate:
To link your IOS apps to your Apple developer account, Code signing certificates are requires.
- In your program, explore Apple’s Developer Portal, Click Certificates, Click the “+” in the upper right of the screen, click the App Store Production, Presently named “Application Store and Ad Hoc” under Production, Click Continue, Transfer the Certificate Signing Request made before, Download the Certificate, Introduce the declaration on your PC by double-tapping, Keep this document someplace safe.
Create A Production Provisioning Profile
Provisioning profiles are made and attached with IOS apps to install on their devices.
- In your program, explore Apple’s Developer Portal, Sign in, Click Provisioning Profiles, Click the “+” in the upper right of the screen, click the App Store Distribution choice, click Continue, Select the Bundle ID made before, click Continue, Select the Certificate made before, click Continue, Ensure the Profile Name observes the guideline naming show: App Name App Store Distribution, Click Generate, Download it, Introduce the arrangement profile on your PC by double tapping, Keep this record someplace safe.
Create App Store Listing:
Book slot for your app in the Appstore for users to see the launch.
- Begin in your program, explore iTunes Connect, Sign in, Click My Apps, Click the “+” in the upper left of the screen, click “New iOS App”, Bundle ID: pick the one made on Developer Portal, For comfort, make the SKU match the Bundle ID made before, Click Create to make the main rendition posting.
Make The Release Build
Bundle the real pair that users will transfer to the store.
- To begin, open Xcode. Open the project or work area. Revise the version and create numbers, if necessary. Open the Build Settings window. Make certain that all of the options are selected. Take a look at Code Signing. Make use of the provisioning profile you created before. Make use of the previously created code for identifying a person’s personality. If no actual device is connected, pick Generic iOS Device as the form objective in the top menu. Project, Archive, and Menu Click the Distribute button. Login with your Apple Designer account. Submit your app to the app store. Keep your eyes peeled for the confirmation.
Submit Version For Review and Release:
Apple further audits every app that is submit before the final release.
- Select the release type, Manual release- after the application is acknowledge, a Release button will appear. Hang tight for endorsement. This interaction ordinarily requires 2-3 weeks for another accommodation. If your application was not endorse, review the notes in the Resolution Center and roll out any important improvements to the application or rendition data. Then, at that point, resubmit.
- If you plan to choose Manual release, click Release your application when prepared, Wait for the green “Ready For Sale” form status (This could take from 1 hour to 1 day after release), Search for your app on the App Store, Celebrate!