JEE exam in India is an annual exam that is an entrance test for aspirants to crack in India’s top engineering colleges. Candidates for this exam start their preparation early as this exam is not as easy as it might seem. This exam can have some of the most difficult and tricky questions related to the subjects of engineering.
In India aspirants work hard to crack this exam as once a candidate cracks this exam, the chance for that aspirant to study in a good college increase. This is the reason why aspirants try to strategize working schedules for JEE preparation.
In this blog, we will know in detail about JEE MAIN Paper 1 & Paper 2. Let’s have a look at it.
|Table of content
Things to know about JEE MAIN Paper 1 & Paper 2
This exam is conducted in two parts. In this exam, a candidate has to appear in two exams of 3 hours each.
In Paper 1, candidates have to attempt questions that are based on the syllabus of physics chemistry, and mathematics. Each subject would have 30 questions in it and the total time for attempting these questions would be 90 minutes. In the second half of Paper 1, aspirants would have to solve 20 questions from each subject in 60 minutes. P
aper 2 of the JEE exam would also follow the same pattern as the first paper. The major difference between these two exams is that Paper 1 would consist of an objective type of questions while Paper 2 would contain subjective type of questions.
Important things about subjects included in JEE Exam
There are three sections in this exam. All these three sections contain equal questions and the candidates for these exams are expected to be familiar with the syllabus of these three subjects in the exam. These subjects are mentioned in the following points-
- Physics – Physics is a subject that is feared by most aspirants. Many candidates for this exam would give up on this subject. Aspirants should understand that this subject is completely based on logic and the questions which are considered hard in this subject are nothing, just the question become more conceptual. Therefore, a candidate should always analyse the question on the basics of the concept before solving that quotient in physics.
- Chemistry- Chemistry is a subject that most of the aspirants try to ignore while preparing for this exam. The reason behind this thing is that most of the aspirants try to memorize this subject. Aspirants should understand that chemistry has logical questions and candidates should not make a habit of memorizing this subject as some concepts like physical chemistry in this subject can’t be memorized.
- Mathematics- Mathematics is a subject in this exam which has maximum number of topics in it. Due to the large number of topics, aspirants might feel exhausted while standing on this subject. Therefore, aspirants should try to play smart and prepare for the topics that score the most in the exam.
Tips for preparation for JEE Exam
There are many things that an aspirant should do while preparing for this exam. This exam needs hours of preparation from the candidate as this exam would test not only the intelligence of a candidate but also test their common sense in a normal but tricky question. Some of the tips for the preparation for JEE exam are given in the following points-
- Planning – It requires intense dedication from a candidate to crack this exam. Therefore, a candidate who is starting JEE preparation must have a plan. The first thing an aspirant should do is to plan things carefully. Sometimes aspirants, dedicate their time but do not work in a planned manner. This thing can affect their daily routine as some aspirants might even feel stressed with the long hours off sitting while studying. Therefore, an aspirant who has a proper plan will never feel stressed while preparing for the exam.
- Previous year question papers – An aspirant who wants to prepare for the exam, should first try to look at the previous year’s questions while preparing. This thing can clear a lot of doubts in the minds of the aspirants. A candidate who is preparing for this exam might feel relaxed after looking at the previous year’s question paper. Most of the aspirants don’t know what the question paper pattern in the exam is and while looking at the previous year’s question paper, an aspirant will get to know about the question paper pattern and this might even boost their confidence before the exam.
- Mock test – A candidate should always try to solve JEE mock test regularly as these tests would help the student to get better in their mark test exam as JEE exam is also based on this concept. Therefore, an experiment would know how to solve the questions in a mock test with time. Therefore, at the time of the exam, the aspirant would not feel any kind of pressure of time while solving the questions.
- Syllabus- A candidate who’s preparing for this exam should also understand the syllabus. The questions that would appear in this exam are based on the NCERT textbooks. Therefore, a student should try to solve the textbooks published in NCERT.
- Revision- A candidate who is preparing for this exam should revise the things which are learned by that aspirant daily. Revising the content which is learned by the aspirant would help that candidate in understanding the concept clearly.
- Study material- An aspirant who is preparing for this exam must have proper study Material. The study material for this exam includes proper textbooks, reference books, and mock tests. One of the most important study materials for the preparation of this exam is online learning. Aspirants should know which site to trust while taking an IIT JEE course.
So, it can be concluded that nowadays preparing for the JEE exam is not that tough if an aspirant follows some steps and plan things in a good manner. Aspirants who are looking forward to the preparation for this exam should take the IIT JEE course from Physics Wallah as they provide the best content related to this course to the students.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ques- 1 For JEE exams how many hours should be dedicated to each subject while preparation?
Ans- Tentative 4 hours for each subject are a must for an aspirant who is preparing for JEE Exam. An aspirant should daily commit more than 4 hours just to increase their knowledge.
Ques- 2 What is the most important thing for JEE preparation?
Ans- An aspirant’s intense dedication and commitment to the exam is the most important thing while preparing for the exam.
Ques- 3 Which coaching is good for the preparation for JEE exam?
Ans- Physics Wallah has the most reliable and easy-to-understand content for the aspirants. Aspirants should try to use the content given by Physics Wallah.