Impact Of Indian Premier League On Young Players
Indian premier league, also known as IPL is a men’s T20 cricket league held in India in this tournament young talented players are allowed to play with recognized players of the Indian cricket team and players from other international teams. Thus, the tournament has produced various players for instance Jasprit Bumrah, Rishab Pant, and Hardik Pandya all have risen from the IPL and now are star players of the Indian cricket team. Moreover, IPL takes place every year because new young talented players are found every year. The same happened last year and there were some really good players found. It is hoped that this year also in the upcoming matches IPL new talented youngsters will be uncovered.
Indian uncapped players who performed great in IPL 2022
In IPL 2022 there were few excellent performances from young Indian uncapped players. These players have shown great energy and have impressed the audience as well as the Indian team selection with their skills and talent whether it’s bowling or batting. Moreover, due to their steady performance, they have become an essential part of their franchise. The hunt for talent becomes successful when talented uncapped players become stars and play well not only for their franchise but also for the Indian team at the international level. Here, are some of the uncapped players who performed brilliantly in the last year’s IPL.
- Tilak Verma: He is just 19 years old left-handed batsman born in Hyderabad made an extraordinary impact on Mumbai Indians in the last year’s IPL. When he was selected by the Mumbai franchise he was the talk of the town, everyone who had seen the under-19 world cup know about him and was excited to see him play in this tournament. The Mumbai franchise bought him at the price of 1.7 crores in the big IPL auction because of his bold approach to batting and clean striking. He showed great performance in different matches and made a total of 397 runs with a strike rate of 131 in the last season which includes two fifties. On top of that, his best performance was against Rajasthan royals in which he scored 61 of 33 balls while he could not help his team win the match but his knock reflects his temperament and how well he could play under pressure.
- Arshdeep Singh: He is just 23 years old was one of the most appreciable bowlers in the last season of IPL. He was bought by the Punjab kings franchise as a fast bowler and he played his role excellently. He did not take many wickets but his economy impressed everyone and he earned his name as a death bowler. The Punjab franchise also had Kagiso Rabada but they showed more faith in Arshdeep and he proved them right. He used his skills to restrict the scores in any situation and at any stage of the match. He took a total of 10 wickets in 14 matches at the economy rate of 7.70 his performance was constant throughout the season. However, his best spell was against team Delhi in which he took 3 wickets for 37 runs. His hard work paid off as after the IPL he was also selected by the Indian cricket team for his maiden T20I series against South Africa.
- Umran Malik: Another player who impressed everyone is a fast bowler this player who is 22 years old. Umran Malik was born in Jammu Kashmir and can constantly bowl at the speed of 150 KMPH and this type of raw pace is hard to find in India. He is one of the most impressive bowlers from the last season. Furthermore, due to his high pace, he has earned praise from the world’s best fast bowlers like Shoaib Akhtar and Bret Lee. He bowled the fastest delivery of the last season which was at the speed of 157 KMPH in the match against Delhi capitals. He picked 22 wickets in the 14 matches and became the youngest bowler to take more than 20 wickets in a single season. Whereas, his best performance came against Gujarat titans where he picked his first five-wicket hall for only 25 runs.
- Mohsin Khan: He was on the bench for three years with Mumbai Indians finally made his debut for the Lucknow Super Giants in 2022. The franchise bought his service at the base price of only 20 lakhs. He is a 23-year-old left-arm medium pacer who impressed everyone with his consistent performance. Further, with his tight bowling line, he did not allow the batsman to freely play their shots against him, and along with picking wickets, he was also very economical with the ball. Mohsin Khan was born in Uttar Pradesh and in his last season, he picked 13 wickets with an economy of 5.93. Besides his best spell was against Delhi Capitals where he took 4 wickets for just 16 runs and he was also awarded the Player of the Match award.
- Rahul Tripathi: A player from Ranchi had the best season with Sunrises Hyderabad so far in his six-year-long IPL career. He is 31 years old and is playing IPL since 2017, in his debut season, he scored 400 runs and made his impact in the IPL, and now in his last season in 2022, he made 413 runs in 14 matches with an amazing strike rate of 158.24 which include three fifties. His best performance was against Mumbai Indians where he scored 76 runs at a strike rate of 172.73. Moreover, Tripathi has been scoring runs at different levels and now he is capable of playing matches at the international level.
To conclude, IPL is a league that provides opportunities for young players to play and stay with experienced players. Therefore, with the help of IPL young players learn a lot of things by playing with senior players and if the youngsters perform well in IPL they also stand chance to be selected for the Indian cricket team and play matches for their country at the international level. Thus, this league inspires a lot of teenagers to play cricket and have a bright future.