QuickBooks is an accounting software that has features for nearly all your accounting needs. QuickBooks Direct Deposits help you to pay wages to your employees directly to their account. It builds a stronger relationship between the owners and the employees as they get paid on time and owners also didn’t need to worry about the last-minute adjustments.
Direct Deposit is a convenient payment method by doing paperless business transactions. In this blog, we are going to discuss how to activate direct deposits in QuickBooks, so we recommend you read the whole article. In case of any query related to QuickBooks smart features, feel free to call us at our toll-free number. 1.855.738.2784 Our team is always ready to help you.
What is the common requirement which is required to activate direct deposits in QuickBooks?
- You should have a bank account that can handle ACH (Automated Clearing House) transactions within the United States.
- You must activate QuickBooks desktop payroll subscription.
- QuickBooks desktop is required a supported version
- Add Employer Identification Number(EIN) to QuickBooks payroll.
- Internet connection.
You can learn how to activate Direct deposit in QuickBooks just in few simple steps. Follow the guide given below.
How to Login in for Direct Deposits in QuickBooks (To the point)
- In QuickBooks, go to the Employee menu and visit My Payroll services.
- Now Choose Activate Direct Deposit and fill the form.
- You must fill your Zip code without extension and then submit.
- View agreement and mark on the terms and conditions mentioned.
- Now click on Sign-up button.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Multi User Mode not Working
How to Set up an employee for Direct Deposit in QuickBooks (Learn in an easy way)
- Open your QuickBooks and select Employees.
- Now select The Employee Center to open the Employee List.
- Double-click on the employee Name.
- Select the Payroll Info tab.
- Now choose Direct Deposit Button
- From the Direct Deposit window, Click on Use Direct Deposit for (Employee name).
- Now choose whether to deposit paycheck into one or two accounts.
- You must enter employee details that include Bank Name, Account Type, Account Number, Routine Number.
- If you have two accounts in paycheck deposit, enter the amount and the percentage you want to deposit in the first account.
- Now the second will automatically get the remaining percentage
- Finally, choose Ok to save the information.
If you want to stop paying a direct deposit to an employee, then you can remove them from the setup.
You need to follow these steps to remove direct deposits permanently for an employee
- Login QuickBooks, choose Employee, and then select Employee Center.
- To edit the profile, double click on the name of the employee.
- Click on the Payroll Info tab.
- From the Payroll tab, click on the Direct Deposit button.
- Choose to clear the box Use Direct Deposit for this employee.
Why QuickBooks Direct Deposit is worthy to activate?
- QuickBooks Direct Deposits allow you to schedule 45 days’ advance payments.
- You only need to pay when you are using its service, no fees are required if you are not using the service.
- You required no cost to sign up.
- Minimum no. of employees or paycheck is not required.
- Your employees can be paid on schedule.
- Builds better relations with the employees.
- It saves you time, money, and effort.
- Direct Deposit is a paperless electronic process so it helps you to be environment friendly.
Edit Employees Direct Deposit Information
- Firstly, you need to open a Paycheck and go to the Paycheck detail screen in QuickBooks.
- Now uncheck the Use Direct Deposit option
- Choose to save and close
- Once again open paycheck and choose the Use Direct Deposit option.
- Finally, click on save and make sure you have saved it properly.
QuickBooks is one-step solution for all your business accounting needs. In the above article, we have talked about “Activate Direct Deposits in QuickBooks”. We hope you found this post helpful regarding direct deposit in QuickBooks. If you are still facing any doubt related to QuickBooks, you can contact us at our toll-free number. 1.855.738.2784