Today, QuickBooks Desktop is quite famous in the accounting industry for the highly remarkable features and tools to its user base. Currently in use by so many business ventures, QuickBooks Desktop indeed proves to be a great wealth management application. However, no application in this world is perfect, and this fact applies to QuickBooks Desktop also. Recently, QuickBooks error 1603 has been reported several times by users while installing QuickBooks Desktop on their computers. This blog will talk about why QuickBooks error code 1603 takes place in the first instance and how you can resolve it safely.
Seeking instant help rectifying QuickBooks error 1603? If affirmative, don’t hesitate to speak with our QuickBooks official team +1-855-856-0042.
Why does QuickBooks error code 1603 take place?
Generally, QuickBooks error code 1603 gets triggered owning to the partial or damaged installation files of QuickBooks Desktop. Nonetheless, there can be numerous other reasons behind it, such as:
1. The Windows operating system has not been updated for a long time.
2. The Microsoft MSXML 6.0 component is damaged.
You can also see this related guide which can easily resolve your QuickBooks Error 6210
What are the best troubleshooting methods for QuickBooks error 1603?
Method 1: Run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool to fix the QuickBooks installation files
1. Ensure QuickBooks Desktop is closed.
2. From the website of Intuit, download QuickBooks Tool Hub of the most recent version present there (Currently 126.96.36.199).
3. Store the downloaded installation file (QuickBooksToolHub.exe) on your Windows Desktop.
4. Walk through the on-screen instructions and then accept the terms and conditions to install QuickBooks Tool Hub.
5. Start QuickBooks Tool Hub and then go to the Installation Issues tab.
6. Select the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool option and let the tool run.
7. Wait until the diagnosis of the QuickBooks installation files finishes.
8. Then restart your computer.
9. Finally, check whether you can install QuickBooks Desktop on your computer now.
Follow the second solution if you still fail to rectify QuickBooks error 1603.
Method 2: Update your Windows operating system to the latest release
1. From the left end of the taskbar, choose the Windows icon.
2. Select the All Programs option.
3. Find Settings in the list and select it.
4. Choose the Update & Security option.
5. Go to the Windows Update tab.
6. Click on the Check for updates option.
7. If any updates are available for your Windows operating system, follow the on-screen steps to install them.
Method 3: Manually reinstall the Microsoft MSXML 6.0 component
1. Open the Windows Start menu.
2. Enter “Run” into the search box and choose Run.
3. In the Run window, type “APPWIZ.CPL” and then choose the OK option.
4. From the list, choose MSXML 6.0 and then select the Uninstall/Change option.
5. Do as per the on-screen instructions to uninstall MSXML 6.0.
6. Download the msxml.msi installation file on your Windows Desktop.
7. Open the msxml.msi file and act on-screen steps to install the Microsoft MSXML 6.0 component.
8. Now, check if you can install QuickBooks Desktop on your computer now.
We hope you can resolve QuickBooks error 1603 after following the above troubleshooting solutions. If not, then our suggestion for you is to get additional support fixing it from our QuickBooks support team at +1-855-856-0042.